Tomorrow, March 7th, Apple will be announcing the iPad 3 in San Francisco. The tech world will explode with news. Unfortunately, we cannot cover it live, but you can watch live coverage beginning at 12:30 PM Eastern at TWiT here.
Rumors are also flying around that the Apple TV will be updated. But as all rumors are, we can’t be sure.
There are so many rumors flying around. We have compiled a list of all of the rumors to date. All the rumors that have a * at the end, are rumors that I (Kyle Stewart) bet are true.
- The iPad 3 will have a retina display. That means that the pixels can’t be seen by the naked eye. It’s 4x the pixel count of the iPad 2*. (popular rumor)
- It will be called the iPad HD, not the iPad 3. This is because Apple really wants to emphasize the fact that it has an amazing display*. (via CNET)
- It will be in stores on March 16th. A store in Texas was going to open on March 17th, but was moved up to March 16th for no apparent reason, which gives us reason to believe that is the day you can buy your iPad*. (via Dwight Silverman)
- The iPad HD will have an improved camera. (via CNET)
- It will have Apple’s A6 processor. It is unknown whether or not the A6will be Quad-Core or not.(via CNET)
- The iPad will have the option of 4G LTE. Today you can get an iPad with 3G, the next version will have 4G LTE instead. (via TWiT)
- The price will stay the same as the iPad 2. (via The Verge)
- The iPad 2 will still be available for consumers to buy at lower prices*.(via The Verge)
- It may have iOS 6. (via Ars Technica)
- The same battery life. In order to keep this battery life, the iPad HD may need to be thicker then the iPad 2.
- It will have Siri. I think Siri will also be enhanced for both the iPhone 4S and iPad. (via CNET)